BATTLESHIP "PETROPAVLOVSK": HISTORY, DESIGN, ARMAMENT
This article was taken from tr.carolchanning.net.
Battleship "Petropavlovsk"-battleships gemisiRus and later the Soviet fleet, the flagship of a series of fearless class battleships such as Sevastopol. German diving planes were severely damaged in September 1941 as a result of the U-87 raids. The 4th of September 1953 was dispelled for scrap.
The heroic ship's history-battleship gemisiPetropavlovsk began in 1908, when the government made a princicalized decision on creating a series of new vessels with high levels of armament and protection. However, domestic shipbuilders faced a lack of finance, as well as the concern of Blom und Voss in Germany.
The cost of this series warship was estimated by the maritime agency, which is 37 million rubles of a ship:
- 27.2 million were allocated for the construction and armour of the hull;
- 2.2 million for armament
- 7.5 million-for spare parts.
Realizing the need to build these vessels, Prime Minister P.A. Stolypin received money from the State Council. On June 3, 1909, four ships of this series were expelled. Petropavlovsk battleship Construction was completed in August 1911 and the ship was launched.
The Battle series "Sevastopol" Shells had a character form "monitored". They minimized the side surface surfaces and the hull had an ice-breaker design. The maximum length of the body is 181.2 meters, width (including reservation) 26.9 meters. The actual displacement was approximately 25,400 tons with a draft of about 9 meters.
It is in the heart of the Petropavlovsk battleship model, with a boxed release funnel with a height of up to 2 meters. It is supported by 150 square meters with a 1.2-meter ladder. Three types of steel were used during erection:
- Standard for shipbuilding with 42 kgf/mm ² resistence;
- With increased resistance (63 kgf/mm ²);
- High Resistance (72 kgf/mm ²).
The three-storey building was hermetically divided into 13 transverse and two longitudinal curtain compartments. There were auxiliary diesel generator sets, Junior living rooms and bathroom rooms on the trunk's bow. The central part of the building includes the main power plant and Shell celes. There were officers on the aft side, BSU's cabin, and the radio room.
Petropavlovsk is a warship with a good degree. The main armored body of the body is 5.06 m high, the thickness of the main body 22.5 cm from the ends of the strap up to 12.5 cm. Armored poles located along the castle, 5 cm on the middle deck and 3.75 cm below.
The upper deck of the fortress and the body's nose was 3.7 cm thick and the average armored deck thickness is as follows:
- 2.5 cm above the castle and on the bow of the ship;
- 1.9 cm-in the area between abortion;
- 3.75 cm-on the aft side of the hull.
The main caliber towers (GK) have a large number of pieces of armor plates with a thickness of 20.3 cm. The opposite weights are maintained 7.6 cm using the ceiling and base armor thickness. Mine loading 12.5 cm Bronelistami booked, the ballistic armor behind the weapons tower was preserved through the moldings. 30.5 cm space. Wall Bronerubok thickness 25 cm, roof-12 cm.
Armamon Military Equipment
For him the Battleship "Petropavlovsk" had powerful weapons. Main caliber 12 grooved 305 mm ship guns were used. They were placed in four gun towers, each with three of them. The hull length reached 15.8 m (52 klb). The weight of the gun is 50.7 tons. The speed of the bullet is 762 m/s.
Horizontal Orientation Angles:
- First tower: 0-155 °;
- Second and third towers: 25-155 °;
- Feed installation: 25-180 °.
- Weapon deflection angles:-5 to + 25 °.
The weapons were rerouted by electric motors. Ammunition was shot at 300 in each tower, shooting rate was 1.8 shots per minute.
In addition to the civil law, the Petropavlovsk battleship had the following weapons:
- 16 PCs 120 mm Vickers gun.
- 4 pieces 47 mm gun Gochkis.
- 4 pieces of 450 mm torpedo tubes.
Questions about modernising the battleships of the "Sevastopol" series were actively raised by Soviet naval experts. Most of these warships were morally outdated.
In 10.03.1927, a meeting was held at the Scientific and Technical Committee of the RKKF naval forces, while proposals were made to modernized the battleships. It was recommended to increase deck bookings, increase weapons mobility and upgrade ship equipment.
"Petropavlovsk" Battleship "Marat") was modernized in 1928-1931. The ship was equipped with two high-altitude (closed) command range finding poles. The ship's power plant has been updated. 25 units of Yarrow boilers with coal and diesel fuel were replaced with 22 boilers, all with oil heating. In connection with the establishment of the KDP, the silhouette of the ship has changed its outline with hesitantly. The new superstructures gave him a very challenging look.
Date of use of warship
There was a unique naval battle with the participation of the 31.05.1919 battleship Petropavlovsk. Thanks to the destructive Azard's actions, the seven British destroyers that followed him went to Petropavlovsk's direct bombardment zone. The ship opened fire from the main weapons and 120 mm guns, forcing the enemy to retreat.
Overnight, 13.06.1919, a rebellion occurred on the castles next to Kronstadt. The rebels attempted to take over the stronghis of the British fleet, but the British did not react in any way. Then the rebels opened fire to Kronstadt. The Baltic Fleet, Andrei Pervozvanny and Petropavlovsk vessels were called to suppress the uprising on June 16th. The warships opened fire to the queers as a result of the rebels being removed from their duties.
In the Great Patriotic War in the fleet, "Marat" Baltic Squadron participated in the defense of Leningrad. 09/23/1941 the airline in Kronstadt was the place where the ship was severely damaged. D-bomb bombs were thrown from the U-87D, 500 kilograms of bombs, crashed into a battleship. A bomb hit the aft side of the stern, the second one hit the nose of the ship and caused the ammunition explosion of the first gun tower. Therefore, a fracture has occurred on the deck where the tower fell. The explosion was a nasal superstructure that crashed into the starboard side, falling into the water. As a result, the raid killed 324 sailors, including the ship's commander. The ship was flooded.
At the end of 1941, the ship was partly used as a restored artillery battleship until the beginning of the olduLeningrad siege. On 31 May 1943, the ship was renamed Petropavlovsk. After the war, the ship was out of service and cut off metal in 1953.